I am Endorsed as Humanist Celebrant with the Humanist Society and a member of the American Humanist Association. I am also a Candidate for Unitarian Universalist Ministry.
I currently register to sign marriage certificates as a Humanist Celebrant which as the same legal standing as Ordination in the United States.
The process I use for weddings:
- Usually there are two meetings prior to the wedding day.
- The First Meeting is for information gathering about the ceremony, getting to know you both, reviewing/signing the contract, assigning “homework” for the second meeting.
- The Second Meeting is when we finalize things, this is usually closer to the wedding date. We would make sure that everything is in order, marriage license is in hand, ceremony details are complete.
- Depending on how many people are involved we may also do a rehearsal.
- What I currently don’t provide:
- I don’t currently provide premarital counseling. This will come up when you get your marriage license, there is a cost reduction for the license if you have a letter stating you have undergone premarital counseling. If you are interested in this service I can you to colleagues that do this from a non-theist perspective.
- This depends on the length of the ceremony, distance to travel, whether there is a rehearsal, etc.
- If the ceremony is in Minneapolis or Saint Paul, it is usually around $350.00.
- Baby Namings or Dedications
- Coming of Age
- Vow Renewals
- Memorial Services